Thursday, January 3, 2013

Party!

Thursday the third was quite the busy day. Not only was it the 57th anniversary of my grandparents, but I had a lot planned. We started off with a breakfast date with my sister and her boyfriend. Il Fornaio was supposed to be a good breakfast place as well, so that is where we ate. It wasn’t very impressive, in my opinion, as they sent my a very pathetic muffin, but at least the coffee cake was good. At breakfast, we ironed out the plans for the rest of the day. It basically meant that all my day was accounted for.

After breakfast, Jonathan and I went to the laundromat to get some clean clothes. That took us all the time until our next event, which was a visit to the stratosphere. We went with Suzanna and Mitchell, no one else was interested. We went to ride the rides on the top. They had a tricky marketing scheme set up there. It was $15/ride plus admission or $33 to do all the rides once with admission included. If you wanted to repeat a ride, you had to pay $9, I believe. These were all posted on the sign. Then in small print on a paper on the register for $34 (one dollar more) was the unlimited package that let you ride all the rides as many times as you want all day long. So, if you weren’t paying close attention, you could end up paying more than you should.

The rides were fun, although cold. My favorite was the X-Scream. It is a ride that is a like a combination of a teeter-totter and a roller coaster and 866 feet above Vegas. It is quick and unexpecting without giving you a headache or nausea. And the line was short and in the sun, which made it much more enjoyable.

DSC02290

From there, Jonathan and I had to go to Drago Sisters Bakery to pick up the surprise cake for my grandparents. I had had a hankering for Tres Leches cake since Cabo San Lucas. I finally had a chance to get some. None of my family had eaten it before, so I was basically pushing my desires off on them, but I wasn’t particularly concerned, as they normally had similar tastes to mine.

As soon as we got back from the bakery, it was time to pick everyone up to go to dinner at Musashi Japanese Steakhouse. That was the one place my brother wanted to eat before we left Vegas, and I thought it would be a good place for my grandparents anniversary dinner, so Suzanna and Mitchell made us reservations there. It turned out to be a great meal. THE BEST chicken that I have ever had! And they had quite the show while cooking the food. I think my grandparents had the time of their lives.

DSCF0894

DSCF0897

And to finish off the perfect meal, the tres leches cake hit the spot! It was also quite the success with everyone, not just me. Everyone said it was one of the best cakes they had one, but it wasn’t even the best tres leches cake I had ever had.

DSCF0902

No comments:

Post a Comment