Thursday, September 17, 2015

September Update - (Hey, is that a camper?)

We now have something that resembles our designs! Things are coming together fairly quickly at this point. Its much easier to build around something than it is to start with a blank slate.

The cabinets have been making steady progress.  We are gradually getting the hang of woodwork.

First off, the Galley is fully painted. Here it is fitted in its final resting place.

DSC08467

After trimming the countertop to size I started marking the cutouts for the sink and stove.

DSC08440

DSC08441

DSC08445

DSC08444

The sink is a SMEV model VA7306 from this vendor. Yes, I know the price is outrageous. Remember if you order from europe, make sure to get the drain fittings and faucet.

DSC08446

Here is the top with sink and cooktop fitted.

DSC08453

DSC08461

Some trimming for clearance was required.

DSC08459

DSC08455

.


Here is the galley top with all cuts and 3 coats of spar urethane. It is clamped and waiting for the adhesive to set.

DSC08478

DSC08479

The bench seat is in for (hopefully) the last time

DSC08385

The electrical nexus is wired up and running.

DSC08387

DSC08384

DSC08376

The bench seat bottom has foam, velcro, and slip cover.

DSC08449

Here is the dress cover without corner treatments.

DSC08476

And with corner treatments.

DSC08477

I mounted the LED light bar as well.

Where the mount legs meet the roof has a slight curve ~10 degrees. I filed the legs to match, and drilled the holes at the same angle.

DSC08481

On the roof I installed 2x1/4-20 rivnuts.

DSC08482

I bolted it down with SS hardware and applied a clear urethane sealant under the legs and over the screw heads.  Of course the fins on the back whistle under certain wind conditions... This will need remedied...Rapidly...

DSC08483

DSC08484

The rear view camera and lots of wiring in the over-cab cabinet is done.  No more backing into low lying objects (I won't mention how many times I have done this....)

DSC08313

DSC08347

DSC08348

The awning has been installed and wired.

DSC08345

It came with a pretty pathetic excuse for a wiring harness.

DSC08331

After some Jonathan magic.

DSC08337

DSC08350


Adjusting the angle.

DSC08332




The water tank and water heater are in and bolted down.

DSC08379

DSC08386



The gray water tank is made from 1/4" HDPE plastic. I welded it up by hand using a Harbor Freight supplied plastic welder.

DSC08353

DSC08352

DSC08363

It mounts on the drivers side next to the fuel tank.

DSC08390


The vertical cabinet is mostly finished. I hope to finish the plumbing provisions and put the water lines in soon.

In addition we have an Espar D2 diesel cab heater and an Espar D5 Hydronic water heater on order. These should supply all the hot water and air we need.

Finally the windows arrived today! We are putting vented RV style windows in both mid-body locations and one of the rear doors. SO MUCH left do to! But at least the van is looking like a camper.




No comments:

Post a Comment